i don't know how to acees..

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Nov 5 10:19:46 UTC 2005

Birendra Kumar enlightened us with the following gems on 11/05/2005
08:52 AM:
> sir
>     i don't know how to access cdrom and how to install some package
> like mediaplayer which is supporting vedio or mp3 format...can you
> clarify the way i do
first a few bits of information would be useful...
which OS are you running (Red Hat 8, 9, RHEL 3, 4, Fedora Core... etc)?
what do you mean by 'access' a cdrom? - play an audio CD or access files
on a data CD/DVD ?

there are many media players available for Linux systems... some of the
more popular (sorry if I've missed out anyone's personal favourite!) are
Amarok - KDe based audio jukebox app
Rhythmbox - GNOME-based audio jukebox app
Totem - video player
MPlayer - movie and audio player
xmms - audio player
beep - audio player
Xine - movie/audio
Kaffeine - movie / audio
...and the list goes on.
most of these will need extra CODECs installed to play certain
audio/video formats - when you have chosen a player we can help you find
these.... (most of them can use the same ones actually)

if you tell us what you are currently running we may be able to point
you in an appropriate direction

Regards,

Stuart