update (not install) from cd?

chuck lawrence celawrence at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 9 22:40:31 UTC 2005

I've got a rh es 3.0 system, for which purchase and delivery of my
license key is lagging (a problem at our end, not rh).  I'd like to
update it.  I have a set of current cds, update 6, I think.

can I update from cd, or must I reinstall to be more current?  are there
other options?  I suppose I could wait for the licensing to work its way
through procurement, but that could take a while.

adv<thanks>ance

--

  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |

     "If the human body did patch management the way
      (companies do), we'd all be dead."

                www-eng.lbl.gov/~lawrence