ndiswrapper problem

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Fri Nov 11 20:16:41 UTC 2005

THANKS to this list, it looks like I've pretty much got ndiswrapper
working with the built in wireless on my new HP Pavilion zv6000 with
FC4-64. I can do /sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper and get the driver installed

I can then run /sbin/wlan0 scan and see networks that are running.

I can also run Applications/Internet/kWifiManager and scan for networks.

With my old D-Link card, I used Desktop/SystemSettings/Network to enable
the card and have it do a dhcp query on startup. The D-Link card was
assigned an eth number. The internal card (with ndiswrapper) is getting a
wlan nunber, which does not show up in Desktop/SystemSettings/Network. So,
what do I do to get the internal card to start working on bootup (getting
an IP address, etc.)?

Also, can the system be configured to use whatever network it finds,
including my WEP encrypted network at home or any other non-encrypted
network without my having to tell it which to use?

Finally, can it do another DHCP request when it loses one network and
finds another?

THANKS!!!!

Harold