MC display on FC3

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Mon Nov 28 09:10:10 UTC 2005

Morning everybody,

I face a problem since last (security ?) upgrade from Midnight Commander
in FC3 (4.6.1a release 2.FC3 from 16 Nov 2005) with the display.

Setup is ssh -> FC3 server -> screen -> MC. I have the same problem
without screen but is less annoying. At first, I put an alias in
~/.bashrc like mc='mc -a' which is taken without running MC from screen
but not when running into screen. But this is a screen problem.

Now, running 'mc -a' give me a screen where the TOP of the screen
disappear (no command menu) and there is a one line gap between the
cursor position (reverse line) on the screen and the real position.
Drawned lines are not in the 80 columns but more, strange characters on
the screen like 'â' or reverse 'D' (have the same without screen), etc.
Ctrl/L make thinks worst. When I launch mcedit, part of the screen is
not refreshed but here Ctrl/L is doing the job.

As told, before the upgrade it was ok. I tried to change the TERM in
xterm, linux, aso., helps nothing. If someone have an idea on what's
going on, would be great.

Thanks for any hint

--
Daniel