kernel panic (maybe a stupid question)

A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru A.Fadyushin at it-centre.ru
Wed Nov 30 15:13:20 UTC 2005

Check the filesystem labels on your disk partitions. It seems that the non-SMP kernel could not find partition with label '/' - it should be root partition. It is possible that you root partition has no label at all or has the wrong label. To show (and set, if necessary) the filesystem label you should use 'e2label' command (I assume that you are using EXT2/EXT3 filesystem).

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com