X Server problems on Fedora Core 3

John Reynolds jreyn at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 12 18:50:31 UTC 2005

Rick Stevens explained:

>"chkconfig" looks at the top of the files in /etc/rc.d/init.d
>and looks for the "chkconfig:" line:
>
>                # chkconfig: 2345 55 25
>
>The "2345" indicates what run levels this is appropriate
>for  (a "-" can also be used for "2345".  The "55" indicates
>what sequence should be assigned when entering the run level
>(in this case, "S55whatever") and the "25" indicates the
>sequence when exiting the run level ("K25whatever").

Ah HA, that's what that cruft does!  A way of making the startup/shutdown
setup self-repairable!  Nice!

>> Many thanks!
>
>"That's what we're here for!" (c)2005, Red Hat Install List :-)

And again.

John Reynolds
IBM-by-the-Bay
San Francisco CA

"The installation will put the files in the default location. The default
location is randomly chosen and determined by the
installation."--Microsoft, Guide for Installing and Deploying Windows XP
Service Pack 2