network/eth0 problems

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Sat Oct 15 11:52:43 UTC 2005

(sorry for not bottom posting but my web mail client doesn't support it)

Do you have a link light on your router when the machine comes on?

What does your ifcfg output?
What is your default router set to?

You can also reconfigure your network card by doing a netconf or linuxconf (I think those are right it's been a while).

But you should also be able to modify the ifcfg-eth0 under /etc/sysconfig/networking

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT
Genex Services