Upgrading FC3 to Fc4

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Oct 17 17:33:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 09:29 -0300, Rodrigo Faria Tavares wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have FC3, with kernel 2.6.12 compilled with many patches.
> How I can to upgrading the sambe for FC4 ?
> I must keep the kernel 2.6.12

Go ahead and upgrade, but make sure that you keep a copy of the kernel,
symbol tables, initrd and modules somewhere safe (like a pen drive).
Also make sure you don't reformat your partitions when you upgrade.  The
kernel will still be available, but you'll have to manually edit the
grub configuration to get at it after the update.

-      To err is human, to forgive, beyond the scope of the OS       -