no boot XP after FC4

Grant Allan grant at forum8.co.nz
Thu Oct 20 18:53:19 UTC 2005

hi,

just installed FC4 into empty partition on same drive as WindowsXP
(disk1).  i'm aiming for dual-boot using NTLDR menu.

i think i messed something up, cos now during reboot i get told that NTLDR
can't be found.  strange thing is, when i boot from SystemRecoveryCD, and
then choose the option to boot from "disk1", WindowsXP boots fine (and so
obviously NTLDR is there after all).

i'm confused - does this mean that my BIOS is not looking at my disk1
during the boot sequence any more?  (hope not, cos my BIOS menu is in
japanese, and i can't read it.)  or maybe my MBR has gotten minced?

anyone know what to do?

thanks for any ideas,
grant