UPGRADING MY SYSTEM again

Yazan Al-Sheyyab yazan at ccs.com.jo
Thu Sep 8 08:04:34 UTC 2005

Dear,

      Thank you for answering me , but i still have a problem because i have an itanium server
       and i am using a consol inorder to install the system so the installation will be in a text mode
       , so when i use your solution by hitting RETURN i cannot proceed with that because there is no
       graphical installation support in my itanium machine .

      in the ordinary situation of my installation i write the following at the boot prompt to get it run
      the installer in the text mode :

           linux text consol=ttyS0 utf8

     and i tried your solution but it does not work with me because of using the consol.

         and  tried with the sense that it will fail the following :

                consol=ttys0 utf8

                 but it leds me to the disk druid stage and then with the need of formating the / partition
                 again to proceed with the installation and that is what i do not want to do.

    do you have another solution for my case about upgrading my system from
   RHEL v3 U3  into   RHEL v3 U4  without removing any data  using my case of using
   a consol  and a text mode  .

  ** i dont have a graphic mode to use hitting RETURN . and my system is itanum.

Regards

Yazan