problems with fedora core 4

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 13 19:22:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 01:40:18PM +0530, haranath wrote:
> Respected sir,
> I am newbie in linux.After installing fedora core 4,i am not getting
> virtual consoles(ctrl+alt+f1 to ctrl+alt+f2).what might be the
> problem?

>From the graphical screen, I presume?  How about ctrl+alt+f3, 4, 5,
and 6?

> Is there is any option to set for that?

It should be set correctly in /etc/inittab.  Look for these lines:

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

If those are there, look in /var/log/messages for clues.

> needed help in urgent.
> Thanks in advance.
>                                                      with Regards
>                                                       Linux_learner