Tape drive support again

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Sep 23 21:01:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 15:46 -0700, Allen, Jack wrote:
>         We are installing a Dell 6850 and loading RH AS 4. Dell is
> telling use we need an Adaptec 39160 HBA to connect the tape drive to.
> Doing "strings aic7xxx.ko | grep 160" show 29160 and 19160 but no
> 39160.  My question is which driver supports this HBA?

IIRC, the 39160 is a dual port version of the 29160 (a single board
with two ports), so the same driver is used.  The driver will be
handle two ports, but you may need to add an "alias scsi_hostadapter1
aic7xxx" line to /etc/modprobe.conf to make it work properly.
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -