FC3 - Ran up2date now CD Volume is not working

Edward.D.Kramer at wellsfargo.com Edward.D.Kramer at wellsfargo.com
Tue Sep 27 23:13:14 UTC 2005

I just installed a fresh version FC3 and ran the up2date, including the
Kernel upgrade (from 2.6.9 to 2.6.12).  My Gnome-CD player is working
but Im getting no sound.  Sound check on the sound cards is yielding
noise, but when I try to open it I get an error that says Sorry, no
mixer elements and/or devices found.  It also doesn't let me adjust the
volume control from 0.   All of my CDI picked through google but
everyone's Q\A didn't seem to work.

DK