display problem

Jason Pinkney j-pinkney at onu.edu
Wed Sep 28 19:37:09 UTC 2005

Hello install-gurus,
I installed FC2 on my laptop last spring and I think it
is responsible for the display problem I just encountered.
My laptop was able to send a VGA signal to a projector
unit before I installed FC2.  Now, I can't get it to work.
Even when I try to change the display from the optimum
(1280x1024) to 800x600 the display only fills the inner
part of the screen leaving the rest black.

I *think* that if I could blow up the 800x600 display to fill
the entire screen, it would solve the projector problem.

This is probably an xorg problem, sorry.  I'm searching on the
web as well.  But if anyone knows off the top of
their head please let me know.
thanks, Jason

--
Dr. Jason Pinkney
Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy