CUPS admin for users

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:20:31 UTC 2005

Hi,
   We have an FC2 machine that has our printer attached. For whatever
reason the printer is sometimes turned off or out of paper when jobs
are sent to it. The jobs don't print and the printer queue backs up.
The problem is that to start the printer again seems to take root
access.

   Is there are way to give specific users the ability to restart the
printer? Best case I'd like them to run the web CUPS GUI and just go
to the admin page, click on start and be allowed to get the printer
going again.

   I'm thinking maybe there's a group that could be created to do
this? I could add these users to that group and then they could work
when I'm not here?

Thanks,
Mark