Last question of the day [Thankx]

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Sep 29 18:12:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 23:02 +0530, Bharadwaj wrote:
> Thank you all for your answers to my previous  questions.
> Todays last question?
> I have configured my mails to outlook in windows, I want to see these mails
> from linux. how I  can do that?

You need to configure your Linux mail client (my guess you're using
Evolution) to access the same account you use for Outlook.

When you set up your account in Evolution, you need to tell it that
you're using an IMAP account, then put in the server name and your
login information.  You should then be able to click on "Send/Receive".
The system will ask for your MAIL password.  Enter it and you should
be able to pick up your mail.  Also, you'll need to set up the Sending
server stuff.  Most Exchange servers run SMTP, so you just need to set
up the "Sending Mail" stuff to point at the same server as your IMAP
stuff in "Receiving Mail".

> Note : I am also started reading through manuals, but mailing list is a
> grate resource!!!

Good.  By the way, the version of the word you want is "great" (good,
wonderful, large, etc.).  "grate" is a covering over a drain.  :-)

-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -