Problem with "out of frequency"

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon Apr 10 14:36:59 UTC 2006

On Sun, April 9, 2006 10:55 pm, Nofriyadi Nurdam said:
> Hi All,
>
>   Could you help me please?
>   I have received error message as I installed RedHat9 to my computer. Then
> I tried with linux lowres. It worked just until I configured display to
> 1024-768. It was the same as I configured display to 800-600.
>   Help me please

Display problems such as this are usually caused by a video adapter not
being probed correctly. The first thing I'd recommend is installing Fedora
Core 4, which has a significantly larger number of drivers available.

CTL-ALT +  or  CTL-ALT - will cycle through the available resolutions found.

You'll get better help from those who are using Redhat v9. I use ubuntu and
Fedora Core 4 more.

HTH (a little)

Karl

>   Thanks in advance

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---