Grub entries for windows on 2nd hdd

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Thu Aug 3 18:15:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:53:17AM -0400, SoftNet Technologies wrote:
> Dear All,
>   I m running linux on first hdd (/dev/hda) and windows on (/dev/hdb)
> I want to boot windows from grub.conf.
> I tried to my best to boot but i failed.
>   Please send me the correct grub.conf entries to finish this task.
>   Thanks
>   Balkar singh

I could be wrong (corrections encouraged) but I don't think Windoze
will boot from the second drive.  You may have to swap or re-jumper
drives, boot to rescue mode with the install CD, and change references
in /boot/grub/grub.conf and /etc/fstab from hda to hdb and hd(0,x) to
hd(1.x).

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. - Psalm 33:12
Righteousness exalts a nation. - Proverbs 14:34