FC5 with dual displays

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Wed Aug 30 23:59:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, August 30, 2006 5:11 pm, Ted Potter wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get dual displays to work with FC5 ? from my
> memory people were not
> having a lot of luck. Any pointers etc. would be great to hear about.
>
> using:
> 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5

I'm using 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5 and it's working splendidly. At work, I'm on the
same kernel you are and it works out of the box there, too. I had a bunch of
trouble in the beginning, but after an update to something, it started
working. I had to undo it, then redo it, then restart X and it came up fine.

It's as advertised... Now to see if I can get 3 monitors working...

Karl

> Thank you.
>
> --
> Ted Potter
> tpotter at techmarin.com

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---