how to install emacs (so many dependencies!)

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Wed Dec 6 16:30:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 09:35:46AM -0500, Thomas B. Walter wrote:

> I did a bare bones install of RHEL4v4 and now have a request for emacs on
> the machine. Each rpm I attempt to install has dependencies and they have
> dependencies, etc......... a nightmare.
>
> Is there a way to install emacs from the RHEL install or SRPMS that is
> more straightforward? Or another way?

Hi, I understand that yum does a better job of automatically resolving
these dependency issues.  I use it on Centos 4.4 - which is a clone of
RHEL 4.4.  I don't know if yum is setup on RHEL however

--
This e-mail was created by voice dictation using Dragon's
NaturallySpeaking.  There may be errors, omissions, or additions