how I can create a script for init.d?

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 09:27:02 UTC 2006

Linux Man wrote:
> Hello
> Do you have any manual for making a script for init.d?
> I was using FC1, but in 4.4 seem to be diferent
> help me peale!!!
> Thanks a lot
> Amadeus

The usual route is to start with one of the scripts which already exists, and is
most similar to what you want your script to do. Make a copy of that script and
modify it so it does what you want.

Then tell chkconfig about your new script with chkconfig --add

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555