dual boot install q

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 3 17:58:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 09:06 -0500, jludwig wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:03, Administrator TOOTAI wrote:
>
> > There is this solution http://www.fs-driver.org/ to read/write ext2/ext3
> > from Windows
> > Another one is Explore2fs
> > http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm
> Would this endanger Linux to windoze virii??

No, Linux cannot be infected with Windoze-specific viruses.  I will not
swear to how well Explore2fs on XP works, however.  It may corrupt an
ext2/ext3 filesystem in the same way the Linux write-enabled ntfs
module may corrupt an NTFS filesystem.  The lowest, reliable common
denominator is FAT32 or VFAT used as a conduit between the two systems.
They both know about it, it's fairly old and stable technology and it
works.
-   To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.    -