CD Boot Problems

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 06:44:02 UTC 2006

> A solution I use is Qemu: it allows you to run another OS in your linux
> session, no need to have a partition for it. So I have an W2k and XPHome
> (official) installed on my notebook ;-)
>
> For your CD, try to see if you can read it from your linux session and try to
> boot from your FC4 CD, you will then know if it's a CD problem or a boot one.
> --
> Daniel

Thanks, I messed with it and cleaned the CD really well and it
finally booted (been sitting in the drawer too long I guess).
Anyway it starts and says it going to check out my equipment and
it may take awhile, after an hour or so I gave up - it had it's
chance.

I can open the CD from with in Linux is there a way to start the
install from someplace other than a boot?

Brad