ClamAV and freshclam

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 6 05:33:46 UTC 2006

Hello Folks,

I have just installed clamav-0.88-1.fc4 on my laptop using 'yum install
clamav' and there is no freshclam command. Is this a 'feature' of this
version or have I made a mistake? I tried 'yum install freshclam' but it
reported 'No action needed' Or is the command to update the sig file
something different in this version? 'rpm -q clamav' states it contains a
tool for automatic updating via Internet. On my desktop there is a service
for automatically updating the sig file but not on my laptop after installing
clamav.

I didn't have clamav on this machine previously.

Ta.

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.