Gateway problem

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:06:52 UTC 2006

On 2/13/06, Waldher, Travis R <Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com> wrote:
> I prefer to see the system default gateway (of which, there can only be one) in
> /etc/sysconfig/network.  Add a line:
>
> GATEWAY=x.x.x.x
>
> It drives me nuts when people put the gateways on specific interfaces.
>
> Of course, this is all personal preference.

I guess. There can be multiple default gateways although only one
active at a time. My preference is that each interface have an
appropriate gateway set for it and which is used as the default
network gateway is controlled by setting GATEWAYDEV in
/etc/sysconfig/network rather than by setting the default gateway
directly there.

John