Dual Nic Cards - Apache

Bret Stern bret_stern at machinemanagement.com
Mon Feb 20 21:19:12 UTC 2006

I'm trying to setup a web server which is exists in a
DMZ.

The server has two NIC cards.
One card (192.168.5.85) allows public web access; the other
card (192.168.0.85) allows my internal network route for
html, perl updates.

The idea is to allow public access via the 192.168.5.85 card,
while letting me do html and perl updates from my internal
network via the 192.168.0.85 address.

The cgi scripts which are called in the dmz would access data
through the internal network 192.168.0.85 for internal databases etc.

Is this a statisfactory and reasonably safe aproach?

Comments

Bret Stern