Dual Nic Cards - Apache

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Tue Feb 21 01:14:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 04:44:08PM -0800, Bret Stern wrote:

> [...]

Yes, you could, but, again, you are bypassing the firewall.  So if a
cracker breaks into your web server, he has access to your LAN.

> This configuration is too risky??

I wouldn't bet my business on it.  Is it not practical to move the
database to the web server, or at least to another machine on the DMZ?

If the web server needs only read-only access to the database, you
could periodically refresh the DMZ database from the LAN database by
pushing the data out from inside.

> Thanks
> Bret

Cheers,