Linux AS 3 swap question!!

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Sun Feb 26 12:00:19 UTC 2006

Please don't top post.

mac a écrit :

> Appreciate your response ..Thanks ..i juts have a couple of queries
>
> 1)i have  a swap partion of 16 GB ...how can i go about decreasing the
> size of this partition  ie the size of swap

With [sc]fdisk or any other partition tool.

> 2)Can both the swap file and partition coexist ??

Yes

> 3)WHich is a better approcah ..partition or file and which exists
> after every reboot

Well, a swap partition on a file system means that if this file system
is broken, swap file will be too. You understand also that the swap file
is usable only if the file system is mounted.

For me, swap file is to be used if you need to add swap on a system
where you can't add swap partition

--
Daniel