Cannot open Evolution Email application (MODIFICATION)

John Wirt j.wirt.112 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 04:29:37 UTC 2006

Aha!  I have determined that the 192.168.10.50 IP address belongs to my
Print Server.  So this explains the error message that "...some other
host is already using address 192.168.10.50."  Starting the Evolution
EMail shell still produces the error message, "cannot access Ximian
Evolution shell "The new discovery is that the 192.168.10.50 IP address
has nothing to do with this.

However, I did at one point create a Ethernet connection, eth0, for this
IP address. Obviously, this was a mistake. The question is have I
corrupted the TCPIP configuration somehow (or the configuration of
Evolution)?

How can I fix the Evolution email program?

John Wirt