Server will not boot stuck after sarting HAL deamon (OK) .. no other error messages. Thanks!

john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com
Tue Jan 10 13:34:59 UTC 2006

Sorry about the message in the subject line, won't happen again.

When I am at the grub menu I have the following line.

Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-5.ELsmp ro root=/dev/Volgroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet 3

I deleted the rhgb quiet 3 so it looks like the following:

Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-5.ELsmp ro root=/dev/Volgroup00/LogVol00

I hit "b" to boot the system but I get the following error:

Booting command-list

Error 27: Unrecognised command

Thanks for your help!

             Rick Stevens
             <rstevens at vitalst
             ream.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  Getting started with Red Hat Linux
             redhat-install-li         <redhat-install-list at redhat.com>
             st-bounces at redhat                                          cc
             .com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Server will not boot stuck
             01/09/2006 06:26          after sarting HAL deamon (OK) .. no
             PM                        other error messages. Thanks!

             Please respond to
              Getting started
               with Red Hat
                   Linux