Moving from Debian to RH Enterprise WS

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 13 18:20:48 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:17 -0500, Pjadler355 at cs.com wrote:
> Hello,
> Try the following instructions on the attached ".doc" to create a
> Linux rescue boot-floppy that will let you boot a cd. Hope this helps.

You know, now that I think about it, there's a very good program that
allows you to boot damned near any media you have on your system...and
this program fits on a floppy.  It's called "Smart Boot Manager" and
it can be found at:

    http://btmgr.webframe.org/

For that ancient machine, booting off a SBM floppy will allow you to
boot that SCSI CDROM--even if the BIOS won't let you do it natively.
This is something I keep in my arsenal at all times!

I dunno why I didn't remember it yesterday.  I'm an idiot!
-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -