Services will not start after machine reboot

john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com john.bergeski at alpsautomotive.com
Mon Jan 16 17:45:24 UTC 2006

 Apache, ViewCVS, and MySQL Server are not working on my Redhat Linux
 server. The server was rebooted after an error occurred(windows display
 would freeze up and boot would not finish).

 Now when I try to start Apache (/etc/init.d/httpd start), I get this:
 DocumentRoot must be a directory

 But the DocumentRot is set correctly, it just has something to do with
 security privileges on the machine.

 Also, I cannot start MySQL (/etc/init.d/mysqld start)

 Thanks - John