DHCP Server

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jan 16 18:31:12 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 09:42 +0000, Kumar Pradeep wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed a DHCP Server on RHEL 4 and now I wants windows
> machines to get IPaddress from the DHCP server, is there any
> way,,,,,,,,,,Please help me.

There are a couple of possibilities that occur to me:

	1. You installed dhcpd but didn't actually start it.
	   Verify that it's actually running via "ps ax" or by
	   verifying that something is listening on TCP or UDP port
	   67 ("# netstat -lpn | grep :67").

	2. You have a config problem in /etc/dhcpd.conf that's
	   preventing it from starting.  Check the same stuff as 1.
	   above and also check /var/log/messages.

	3. Your firewall is blocking DHCP requests from Windows clients.
	   Make sure you accept requests on TCP and UDP ports 67 and 68.

-           Give me ambiguity or give me something else!             -