no boot XP after FC4 (REPHRASING OF THE QUESTION)] (More)

John Wirt j.wirt.112 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 04:15:45 UTC 2006

Rick,

Is this a "bad" configuration of Linux? It's the way Dell did it. Should
I change this? 2.5gb seems like a lot for a boot partition. What's in it?

I asked Dell what the FAT32 partition is and they said,

  "The FAT-32 shows where the extended logical drive is at.  All the drives after are logical drives."

Seems crazy to me.  I've created many an extended partition and none
have required a corresponding FA-32 partition.

Thank you for all your assistance. Very helpful.

John Wirt