extra route?

chuck lawrence celawrence at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 10 21:41:41 UTC 2006

greetings,

I've got a centos web server.  is it ok to ask questions here?

this server was working fine in my test area.  I moved it to the
production network today, changing everything I could find relating to
hostname and network stuff.

it comes up on the new network, with the new hostname, and appears to
work just fine, except...

somewhere there is still a reference to either the old hostname, or the
old route, or both.  I can't get to or from this server from my test
area subnet, and the routing table shows, in addition to the correct
routes, the old one, too.

I modified the following files to effect this change, but I guess I
missed something?

/etc/hosts
/etc/nsswitch.conf
/etc/sysconfig/network

also, I'm having no success deleting the bogus route.  could someone
provide an example of a "route del" command?

any advice is appreciated...

adv(thanks)ance

--

  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |

     "If the human body did patch management the way
      (companies do), we'd all be dead."

                www-eng.lbl.gov/~lawrence