extra route?

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Mon Jul 10 21:57:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 02:41:41PM -0700, chuck lawrence wrote:
> greetings,
>
> I've got a centos web server.  is it ok to ask questions here?

Nope.  Sorry.  Next. ;-)

> this server was working fine in my test area.  I moved it to the
> production network today, changing everything I could find relating to
> hostname and network stuff.
>
> it comes up on the new network, with the new hostname, and appears to
> work just fine, except...
>
> somewhere there is still a reference to either the old hostname, or the
> old route, or both.  I can't get to or from this server from my test
> area subnet, and the routing table shows, in addition to the correct
> routes, the old one, too.
>
> I modified the following files to effect this change, but I guess I
> missed something?
>
> /etc/hosts
> /etc/nsswitch.conf
> /etc/sysconfig/network
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Check for /etc/sysconfig/static-routes.  That file is not normally
necessary.

> also, I'm having no success deleting the bogus route.  could someone
> provide an example of a "route del" command?

   man route

has syntax and examples.

> any advice is appreciated...
>
> adv(thanks)ance
>
> --

>  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |
>  | celawrence at lbl.gov  | #1 cyclotron rd  ms 50a6134 |
>  | (510) 486-4682      | berkeley  ca  94720         |

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. - Psalm 33:12
Righteousness exalts a nation. - Proverbs 14:34