red hat enterprise linux

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Jun 1 16:56:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 09:30 -0700, wang wrote:
> Hi,
> This is Owen,
> Anybody can help?
>
> I bought a Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES,
>
> I have a question, if I have more than one server boxes,
> must I buy more packages? or only one I can install to different
> servers?

You can install to as many boxes as you wish, however only ONE will have
an "entitlement" to updates and will have support from Red Hat.  When
you register the package via up2date, the machine receives an
entitlement to updates, but only one entitlement per package is
permitted.  This also starts the clock for the 30 days of telephone
support.

If you want to have the other machines use up2date to remain current,
you'll need to buy more entitlements and register the other machines.
The "basic" support contract gets you 30 days of telephone support, 1
year of updates and 1 year  of web-based support.  The "standard"
support contract is the same, but you get 1 year of telephone support
instead of 30 days.

Details are on the Red Hat website.
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -