Installing FC5 with hard disk mode crashes with repomd.xml error 256

Rizwan Mohamed Dawrey rdawrey at Jeddah.gov.sa
Sun Jun 4 07:10:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

            I am trying to install fedora with alternate install method
(hard drive installation) as

described in the install guide with the iso images. Am able to boot

into a text mode installation and it correctly takes the path of the 5
iso's  and

all the screens for network and grub etc. are fine until I think when it
tries to read

package info and it crashes with the follo error -

Unable to read package metadata

Cannot open/read rcpomd.xml file for repository.

Failure : repodata/repomd.xml from anaconda: [Errno 256]

------

Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,