Installing FC5 with hard disk mode crashes withrepomd.xmlerror 256

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Jun 8 16:11:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:47 +0300, Rizwan Mohamed Dawrey wrote:

> >Also note that the installer only groks ext2, ext3 and FAT partitions.
> >I'm not 100% sure that includes FAT32 (one would hope, but I'm not
> >sure).
>

> No, it 'groks' fat32 partition as specified in the official install
> guide.

The doc I looked at said "FAT", not "FAT-32".

>  Also when anaconda asks to specify the path to the iso's it
> takes it correctly when given the correct path, and to verify I had
> typed an incorrect path to the iso's and it gives an error of not
> finding the iso's.
> Actually, I also searched bugzilla.redhat.com and this bug is already
> reported and since the last 3 months having the status 'ASSI(gned)'

Ah, so it's a known bug.  Well, that's a problem.  Time for a $40 USB
CD drive, eh?

> Well, I think it needs a hacker instinct to solve it.
> Thanks for your input anyways.
> Any more ideas will be appreciated.

Sorry I couldn't help.  I wasn't aware it was a known problem.

-          "How does that damned three seashell thing work?"         -
-                           - Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man"   -