Burning ISO File to DVD

Michel Matte mmatte at distributel.net
Wed Jun 14 00:20:56 UTC 2006

I am trying to burn the ISO image Fedora to DVD with the folllowing command:

    growisofs   -dvd-compat   -Z   /dev/dvd=FC-5-x86_64-DVD.iso

and I get the message :-(dev/dvd:media is not recognized as
recordableDVD:  0

I have a an Acer computer with 64-bit Xeon running Fedora Core 5 but I
wish to do a clean install from DVD.  The DVD burner according do
`cdrecord -inq`  is a LITE-ON  DVD SOHD-16P9S rev FRS3  which seems to
be Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM .  The DVD records are DVD-RW 4.7GB.

How do I fix this problem?