Default Kernel .config file

Harrington, Todd Todd.Harrington at suntroncorp.com
Fri Jun 16 13:31:03 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Harrington, Todd
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 9:10 AM
To: 'Getting started with Red Hat Linux'
Subject: RE: Default Kernel .config file

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answer. It was very helpful and answered
several smaller questions I had. I have built my new kernel,
modules, modules_install, install. I then copied the /boot
and the /lib directory back over to my boot server.
I did not re-run mkinitrd because when I run the RHEL4
Network Booting Service (system-config-netboot) it asks me to
point to a kernel and I point to
/diskless/i386/RHEL4-ES/root/ (where it finds the new kernel
that I just installed) and it then builds an
initrd.img for me and sticks the initrd.img and new kernel
into /tftpboot/linux-install/IMAGENAME
There sizes look very good.

So my problem NOW is that when my diskless client boots the
kernel loads and then I get this from initrd:

RAMDISK: Compress image found at block 0
-
-
Running /disklessrc
Mounting /proc
disklessrc: Line 71: /sbin/uniq: Permission denied
disklessrc: Line 66: /sbin/sed: Permission denied
disklessrc: Line 68: /sbin/uname: Permission denied
disklessrc: Line 68: /sbin/grep: Permission denied
(several more lines of this)
Loaded nfs OK
Mounting /
disklessrc: line 163: /bin/cat: Permission denied
Running dhclient
bash-3.00#

At this shell all commands are permission denied.

This is so important that I get by this today.
Do you know what my problem is?

Thanks,
Todd