Linux equivalent of Norton Ghost?

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sat Jun 24 02:54:37 UTC 2006

I'd like to create a drive image so when I totally mess things up (or the
hard drive crashes), I can quickly get a working system again (without
doing a reinstall and modifying a hundred config files). I THOUGHT NG
worked with Linux file systems, but it can't seem to find the drive on my
AMD64 laptop running FC4. What I'd like to do is have something on a
bootable CD that can create an image of the hard drive(s) on a USB drive
and restore that image to the hard drive(s). Does such a utility exist?

THANKS!

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising