RHEL 4 PPC install problem

Juha Vierinen jvierine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:53:14 UTC 2006

> Again, on the ISO image or the DVD itself?

On the ISO image. I just burned a new DVD and the md5sum is  using
md5sum /dev/dvd is not correct, but I'm not sure if that is how you do
a checksum for a DVD. Oh well. I'll try it anyway tomorrow. Why is it
always that the software that you pay for never works :)

> Just where did you get this image?  As near as I can see, Red Hat
> doesn't mention Apple or PowerPC anywhere in their docs for either RHEL3
> or 4.  I don't have any PPC-based machines so I don't have access to
> their download site for PPC (if any).  I also don't see any PPC-based
> ISOs from CentOS, either.

I found it at the link I had in my previous e-mail. I also assumed,
possibly falsely, that fedora ~ rhel. Because fedora worked, then
there would be a working rhel.

https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/channels/downloads.pxt?cid=4042

juha