linux installation on EM64T celeron

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 8 21:23:41 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 13:18 -0500, Takatsugu Kobayashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what linux packages support EM64T celeron CPU. I tried to
> install RH WS4 i386, I only saw a black screen and installation never
> started......Has anyone had the same problem? And how did you solve it?

The x86 or x86_64 CDs or DVD will work.  The black screen isn't
uncommon.  Try entering "linux nofb" at the "boot:" prompt when you
install and I'll bet it shows up.

Rembember, the x86 CD/DVD will install 32-bit Linux on your machine.
The "x86_64" CD/DVD will install 64-bit Linux.

-                      LOOK OUT!!! BEHIND YOU!!!                     -