C4 Install Problems - Part2

Albert A. Hocking III albertahocking at jasnetworks.net
Thu Mar 9 22:08:46 UTC 2006

Ok, sorry guys, now I'm really confused......

I ran an upgrade run of C4 setup and I told it to install a new
bootloader......Well, this time I took careful notice of the options that
were and weren't selected......

The first time I had it installed to the GRUB to the MBR and I made sure
that the advanced option at the top was set to install, then the table
showed:

Default        Fedora Core    Device
Checked     Fedora Core    /dev/colgroup00/logvol00
Unchecked Other                /dev/hda1

Then I didn't set any password and I left the advanced option to be
checked.......on the next screen, it was set to write to the MBR of
/dev/hda1........and then I continued the process and rebooted......

........and it went straight to windows........

So I started the process over.......then I left the options the same for the
first two screens and then when I got to the advanced, I specified for the
GRUB to be written to /dev/hdd on the first sector.......from there I
continued setup as normal, then I switched the drives in bios......and
received the same error.......

"Error Loading Operating System"

So from where I'm sitting its just looking like the GRUB isn't being
loaded?......I would use that boot utility that was suggested previously,
but it would seem to me that I would get the same error upon loading
Redhat.....

I've just never seen the bootloader fail like this......has anyone?