Harrington, Todd Todd.Harrington at suntroncorp.com
Thu Mar 23 12:35:13 UTC 2006

Hello, I fixed my problem. When I added a floppy drive to my system
it showed up in the boot order (even thought I did not want to boot from it)
so I figured the system saw the floppy drive but once I saw RedHat asking me for
/dev/hdd for my driver disk I looked at the Floppy Controller in the BIOS and it
was DISABLED! Since it was disabled, RedHat did not see a floppy so it
must have defaulted to /dev/hdd. I enabled the floppy controller and now everything
works as expected.

Thanks for everyone's response.

 - Todd