Help I've got an XP on my Linux network

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Mon Mar 27 11:55:46 UTC 2006

Greetings Stuart ,

Stuart Sears wrote:
> On Sunday 26 March 2006 03:05, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Ted Potter wrote:

>>On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Ted Potter wrote:
>
> <with judicious snipping>
>
>>>3. in the pop3 server name use
>>>192.168.1.55
>
> IMAP not POP3, surely? (to meet the requirement quoted above)
> more explanations below
>

>>>for a simple test on the windows machine get to the dos prompt.
>>>they type:
>>>telnet 192.168.1.55 110
>

> if you set up your outlook accounts to use your FC4 box as a POP3
> server, be aware that they will download all their email messages to
> the XP box (and remove them from the FC4 box) whenever you check your
> email (unless you take steps to prevent this). They are then stored
> somewhere seemingly random on your windows box (temporary internet
> files somewhere, IIRC.

Now they are not stored randomly . They are stored in a very specific
place . The
correct directory is :

C:\Documents and Settings \ Stuart\ Local Settings \ Identities \
an alphanumeric string \ Microsoft \ Outlook Express \ Inbox.dbx  ; for
the Inbox  Folder .

On the Above Path Stuart stands for the login name .

Kind Regards,
   Kostas

Dunno, haven't used windows for email in ages!)