network configuration

Marc M linuxr at gmail.com
Fri May 5 03:43:10 UTC 2006

Yes I agree with Rick, you have to make sure that line says yes or else it
won't keep the setting (even if you get it fixed while booted).

Also the 127.0.0.1 is the ip address for the loopback interface, the system
just has to have that basically for traffic that it sends to itself.   You
will need to use a normal ip address such as a 192.169.0.x would work.  If
this is on a network then you will want to make sure the network address
portion of the ip address, along with the netmask, and default gateway
information,  matches that which is already in place on other systems.

Marc