USB Hard Drive Not Recognized

Harrington, Todd Todd.Harrington at suntroncorp.com
Wed May 10 21:13:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a Processor board that has a single USB 2.0 port connected to a USB 7-port "ADS Tech USB Turbo 2.0" Hub. Connected to the hub is a USB DVD and a Western Digital 160GB USB drive. When I power up, the BIOS recognizes the USB WD Hard Drive and USB DVD-ROM. I boot off my RHEL ES 4 CD and it says loading "USB-storage" during boot-up and when I get to the point where it asked me if I want to use "Disk Druid" or not I click on Disk Druid and it tells me there are no hard drive connected. Why does it not see my USB Hard Drive? Do I need a driver? Will this work?

Thanks,
Todd