email notification of ftp transfers

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 21:19:43 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Bret Stern <bret_stern at machinemanagement.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me some of the common methods
> used in linux to send email notifications of
> successful ftp transfers?
>
> Someone has asked me .. so i'm asking you all
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bret Stern

Hi Bret

Basically you check for return value of the last command with if [ $?
== 0 ], then use either echo "Something" | mail some at address.com or
cat /tmp/some_log_file | mutt... the same idea apples as with mail
except for the fact that with mutt you can also attach files.
You also try mime-construct for the "low level" email message construction.

Google is your friend.